top of page

Getting Settled

in New Zealand

There is much to learn about living in a foreign country!

You may have many questions, such as:

  • How does banking in the New Zealand work?

  • Is there public transport?

  • What if I get sick?

  • What if I have an emergency?

  • Do I need a New Zealand driver's license?

  • How do I get health and car insurance?

  • Where is the best place to get a car rental?

  • How do I rent a flat? 

ISMNZ wants to help you find answer these questions. Depending on which city you study in, things like public transport, renting a flat, where to go if you are sick need to be answered locally. Either your campus International Student Support Office, the campus chaplaincy or a local ISMNZ worker can assist you in dealing with these needs.

We've researched many of these topics and offer information and links:

bottom of page